President, CIMdata, USA
Peter Bilello, President of the strategic management consulting and research firm CIMdata—an internationally recognized authority on PLM—has more than 24 years of experience in the development of business-enabling information technology (IT) solutions for research, engineering, and manufacturing organizations worldwide.
Presenting: A New Era of Innovation - The Future Sustainability of PLM - 8 Mar 2016, 08:55
The disconnect between customer demands and platform capabilities has led to the need to ask some very important questions: what is the future of the PLM industry as it stands and how does this need to change to avoid extinction?
With the inevitable ‘platformization’ of PLM - transforming it to a fully-integrated, enterprise-wide tool - it is important you transform your business strategy to suit using innovation platforms. These platforms bring together people, processes and technologies that realise new products and services, to help overcome many of the shortcomings of traditional lifecycle management approaches.
This session will cover:
- Transforming PLM into an end-to-end business platform with multiple vendors and uses
- Drawing together personal productivity tools, end-to-end lifecycle management and cross-functional collaboration
- Assessing the future capabilities of PLM and what business strategies you need to adopt to progress in building out your innovation platform
- Facilitating the integration of discrete capabilities to support an un-siloed approach
- Evolution of enabling technologies (including the Cloud, Service-Orientated Architectures (SOA) and IoT) and their impacts on your innovation model