Head of PLM, Paul Hartmann AG, Germany
Stefan Abele is heading the department of Process Optimization and Specifications at PAUL HARTMANN, and is responsible for PLM-related processes as well as the support of these processes by adequate IT solutions. Stefan is the responsible Program Manager for introducing a PLM solution at HARTMANN which aims to increase efficiency in the Product Design and Launch processes.
Presenting: Overcoming the Start-up Challenges to PLM Implementation Projects - 8 Mar 2016, 11:25
Hartmann has a 190 year history as a medical device manufacturer and has established a broad product portfolio managed and developed by 5 independent business divisions today. In an attempt to standardize these product management processes, Hartmann is undergoing a major investment in PLM and establishing a cross-divisional process management department to ensure success.
Undertaking a PLM implementation is resource-intensive and a priority for Hartmann is ensuring that their roadmap is both concrete and fit-for-purpose across all of the divisions. As such, they are conducting pilot projects before a global rollout to understand and overcome start up challenges without incurring extra cost further down the line.
This session will cover:
- Start-up challenges - ensuring you attain the right resources and investment from both business and IT
- Collaboration between Hartmann and the vendor partner
- Elaborating on a comprehensive PLM roadmap and project setup
- Building the cultural foundation for PLM implementation
- The Pilot Project - prototyping the IT platform and process, system base configuration and feedback from user groups
- What have they learnt to date?