Head - Engineering Improvement & Quality, Rolls-Royce, Germany
Heiko acts as Head of Engineering Improvement & Quality for Rolls-Royce. Over the years, Heiko has developed extensive professional experience and leadership in Aerospace Engineering, Project Management, Business Transformation and improvement. Heiko is a proven industry leader, having worked in different positions within Aerospace Engineering.
Presenting: Implementation of Lean in Engineering Through Innovation in Process Thinking and Tool Application - 9 Mar 2016, 02:45
As more and more processes emerge and are targeted for investment, industry often misses the opportunity to make them lean. At Rolls Royce two major investment areas are regulatory compliance and global working and the complexity that comes with both of these fields. This has highlighted the need to improve existing processes and change the way new processes are deployed and enabled. This is important for enabling innovation in the product development, as well as becoming lean and cost-effective.
The session will cover:
- How Rolls Royce endeavored to improve these processes - tackling day to day challenges
- Understanding the divisional and cross-divisional implications of process improvements
- Exploring the impacts on specific systems such as PLM, and the added opportunities it helps realize
- What are the major obstacles to this transformation?
- How PLM and related systems can help this transformation
- Adding value by using IoT technology and Big Data to help product development and servitisation.