Professor-Management Board, M2M-Alliance, Germany
Dr.-Ing. Axel Sikora is a Professor of Embedded Systems & Electronic Communication at Offenburg University in Germany. Since January he has also acted as Head, Software Solutions and Proxy Head of the Hahn-Schickard Research Institute in Villingen-Schwenningen.
Presenting: Panel Discussion: The Industrial Internet & the Million Dollar Question - How Can You Make the Opportunity Work for You? - 8 Mar 2016, 12:05
Whatever buzzword you use for the Industrial Internet, it is a trend that is here to stay. It is clear that there are many opportunities (and risks) with the inherent move to a more connected, smarter world, but with so many different ways to adopt it, it is essential that you have a clear strategy from the start to best navigate the complexity.
This panel will guide you through the good, the bad, and the ungrasped opportunities of the Industrial Internet, designed to inspire new ways of business and strengthened collaboration across industry disciplines.
We will discuss:
- Utilising the Industrial Internet to connect and integrate objects with people, processes and data
- Navigating the trends and buzzwords: Industrie 4.0, IoT, M2M and The Digital Thread
- Industry User Cases - Who’s winning the IoT agenda?
- How can we set an architectural framework and direction for the Industrial Internet?
- The next steps - collaborating with industry, government and vendors to create a common platform of interoperability, open architecture and global standards